Finally divorced, but the judge didnt like the agreement

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get advice on your life after divorce.

Finally divorced, but the judge didnt like the agreement

Postby CTDadof2 » Wed May 18, 2005 1:34 pm

Well Its me again, with my first post in the After section which I am pretty excited about.

So heres how it went, we go infront of the judge, my ex was pro se, and me with my lawyer. Well right off the judge does not like the aggrement and asks the nutjob if she had an attorny she said she tried to get one but couldnt (her deffinition of tried must be different the most peoples). Any way so the lawyer continues reading the aggrement and finally asks my council, "Does she get anything in here?" Our response was "No, your honor" Which I at the time was quite happy to say! So after quite a bit of back and forth with the judge about drug debts incurred by my ex which I am taking on he seemed to lighten off the money thing. But my ex is crying her bloodshot eyes out. So we get to the part where he is asking us if we both agree to all the stuff in the divorce, when my wifes response in not "yes your honor" like everyone else, she pulled a "whatever I just want to see my kids" At which point the judge re reads the < parenting time > section and changes it, and sends us to Family relations to work up a new agreement or for a study to begin.

I was so mad, I was so close to everything I wanted, and out of all people the Judge is the one to F it up for me. Anyway so we go to family relations and I had worked in some compromise room in my < parenting time > agreement. So I had her and the family relations people who actually reviewed all my notes of the extensive drug and criminal history of my ex, come to an agreement that she would finish her drug treatment and finish her criminal probation and she could begin the vistiation(this would be in about 9 months). We all agree, and go back before the judge, what heppens... he denys it again and makes us put in that we will review it again in 3 months to start supervised < parenting time > at this facility that does handles supervised visits.

I mean I know my agreement was heavily weighted in my favor, but I am just so upset that a judge would overrule the agreement, and then overrule a second revised agreement with family relations support, all to give the nutjob < parenting time > that she was not even pushing to get. Are judges usually like this or is it just becasue she is a pro se drug addict that he is taking like simpathy on her or something. I mean I had every right to request a hearing, either today for his ammendment to the agreement or in 3 months if the < parenting time > is ordered, which I certainly will do if she makes it that long. But I was so close of being done it really chaps my < edited > that I got the judge like this.

Anyway thanks for listening love to hear what you all think

Rick
CTDadof2
100+ Posts

Postby sofia6102004 » Wed May 18, 2005 2:08 pm

Honestly no, I was going pro se and when my ex and I came to an agreement the judge didn't even read it he just signed it.. So I dont know what the deal was there. But in a way its a good thing that he did do that. Which means hopefully he does that for men also and doesn't let women take advantange of them like mine did to me. Anyway what was the First agreement? And the second one?
sofia6102004
100+ Posts

Postby DavidGS » Wed May 18, 2005 3:45 pm

Which means hopefully he does that for men also and doesn't let women take advantange of them like mine did to me.

Hahahahahahahahaha ... <whew> <wiping tears away> Wow, that was a good one.

No, I'm sure that, if the roles had been exactly reversed, the judge would have either a) singed it without comment or b) made it MORE harsh on the man. The judge went out of his way to give mommy < parenting time > back sooner because the courts are biased that way.
DavidGS
100+ Posts

Postby nuke » Wed May 18, 2005 4:22 pm

Sounds like par for course to me. My ex got things she didn't even think to ask for, because the judge looked at her attorney and said "doesn't your client want...." to which they of course said yes.
nuke

Location: battled in GA and IA - CP of my son_15, NCP of my daughter_12

Postby kahuna » Fri May 20, 2005 10:37 am

Sounds pretty typical to me. In my experience the mother pretty much has to tell the judge "I don't want my kids" for her to have no < parenting time >, even temporarily. In my case, a psychological evaluation showed nutjob to have an ongoing 10 year addiction to prescription meds, felony warrants, and a multitude of other psychological disorders. Still, the judge (and the psychologist) granted her < parenting time > 4 days a week since I worked.
Even worse, in my state (NV) a woman who left her 3 and 9 year old daughters alone in her trailer while she and her boyfriend dealt drugs and gambled for 4 hours was just on trial fighting to not have her parental rights terminated. Her 3 year old was killed and her 9 year old was paralyzed from the neck down when the scumbags who bought the fake meth went on a stabbing rampage. The surviving girl told the judge that she wants to live with her foster family but it looks like the judge might give custody back to the mom. Decision will be by June 1.
kahuna
1K+ Posts

Postby Kat » Fri May 20, 2005 12:22 pm

That's just absolutely sickening.....truly. I think those judges should be castrated. Or worse.
Kat
100+ Posts

Location: a female who believes in equal rights for all parents and children.

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On