Question about temporary < parenting time > agreement

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Question about temporary < parenting time > agreement

Postby nomatterwhat » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:53 am

Hi All,

Quick question, my temporary hearing for my divorce is scheduled for Aug 16th. We have agreed in the interim to X amount of child support for our 10 month old son and I can see him unsupervised from 10-8 SAT-SUN EOW. The problem is she moved with her parents about 1.5 to 2 hours from here. I can't afford $300 worth of hotel expenses and i'm not welcomed at her parents house nor do I want to visit my son there.

I told her I was considering just picking up up at 10 and driving home both days. She said he can't sit in the car 4 hours each day and she will not agree to overnights as she is breastfeeding him. In all honesty I don't know what to do, I agree 4 hours each day for him is tough. I would probably pick him up at 10 am, be home at 11:30-12 and leave at 6 pm to return him both days.

She is adamant about me not leaving and driving that far, can she force me legally to stay in that county, etc?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Greg
nomatterwhat
100+ Posts

Re: Question about temporary < parenting time > agreement

Postby BartSimpson » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:17 am

This is the thing - you are an equal parent.

Why does she get to tell you what to do with your child?
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Re: Question about temporary < parenting time > agreement

Postby Trevor » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:55 am

Tell her to buy a breast pump and have enough milk for the entire time you have the child. And tell her you're staying local if you have to, in order to shut her up. Then do wtf you want, it's your kid too.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum