Stepfather Issues

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get advice on your life after divorce.

Re: Stepfather Issues

Postby BartSimpson » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:39 pm

More like herding kittens.
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby Trevor » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:26 pm

I really like this stuff, guys. I travelled too much to ever take the reins of coaching, but I was there as much as possible, volleying with the kids on the tennis courts (I am not good but I can volley a bit to warm up the kids) and I would help out with soccer drills. I participated in the dance recitals and the Dad Dances. This is the quality of life we all strive to achieve with our kids. Nice.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby FatherinDTW » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:29 am

capslock wrote:This is a great turn if events. Fwiw the mother is likely who is creating the mess. The stepdad probably believes when she says you are an uninvolved, drug using abuser, so he is trying to be the best he can for your kids. He won't know any better until she turns on him.

No he knows I'm involved. In fact over the past two years, I'm the only one that is signing up the kids for anything. When I invited the NJ to come and attend the kids' activities, she says she doesn't want to be around me. So in part, I think they are signing my son up so that they can "own" this activity...pathetic. They don't get that these activities are for the kids, not parents. She's so bitter and angry with me that she can't even bring herself to enjoy the kids' activities. As a consequence, the kids are sometimes at these activities only when I have them...since she refuses to bring them.
FatherinDTW
100+ Posts

Postby grgr » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:43 am

I bet step-dad changes his mind about being an assist coach once he finds out you are the head coach. Gotta love karma!
The person who cares the least controls the relationship.
grgr
500+ Posts

Postby Chris A » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:43 am

Lol good job on your part dad!
“Women can fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships.”
Chris A
500+ Posts

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On