Ex wants me to drop d6 off with her new husband

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Ex wants me to drop d6 off with her new husband

Postby Fatheroffour » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:36 am

the very fact that he would marry my X is a black mark against his judgment.

Umm.......
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby Bubba Seal » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:24 am

Fatheroffour wrote:
the very fact that he would marry my X is a black mark against his judgment.

Umm.......

LOL, Im with FOF here, didnt you marry her also?

I think if its a new husband then you just need to get used to it, this thing could turn the other way on you real quick, whenever you move on and maybe have a new wife, she could just hold your child, time to move on man, let it go.
Bubba Seal
1K+ Posts

Postby Tyrell » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:26 am

kangaroocourt wrote:For me, the first reason that I wouldn't do it is that if my X wasn't available for some reason, I'd want more time with my kid. Second, this guy is a NEW husband, meaning I don't know him. Quite honestly, the very fact that he would marry my X (with most of the Xes on this forum) is a black mark against his judgment. So maybe if he made the effort to introduce himself to me and make an argument as to why he can be trusted, I would consider it. If not, no way.

So, when you need your new GF or Wife to pick up your kid, you'd make sure she introduced herself to your X and made an argument as to why she can be trusted, and then your X would consider it (meaning she could still say no way)?

What your suggesting is completely unreasonable
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"
Philip K Dick
Tyrell
500+ Posts

Postby newwife » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:50 am

Wow, this seems to be a topic that's cut.
Think of this,
he is her new husband.
when your child gets older, you will want to go to soccer games, school conferences, etc. oftentimes that is easier if your ex cooperates.
If you can get along now with new husband--meaning be civil. it is more likely those future events will be easier for everyone involved-especially your child.
If new husband thinks you're being an < hindquarters > now, just you wait.
and there is no way that in the future you will not need a favor also.

There has been occassions where my ex has dropped off when only my husband is home-i was running late and would be there in 5 minutes. ex lives on other side of town (30 minute drive), it would be ridiculous for him to drive back home, then i come get her. Not to mention how confused my daughter would be.

I will suggest this if it still bothers you, ask new husband where your ex is.
If she won't be home all day, i understand saying she can pick her up later.
if she's gonna be home in an hour-there is no excuse not to leave her.
and if new husband doesn't answer-it's none of your business anyway and leave daughter.
but if he answers, odds are he's an ok guy, and you needn't worry so much
newwife
500+ Posts

Postby RC411V » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:03 am

I had times when STBX wanted me to pick kids up or drop them off at different times and places, to or from different people. Many times it was a play at gatekeeping. I interpreted this that way, missed the 'husband' which should mean you are divorced. If you have orders, follow them. Don't let the new guy bug you, it really doesn't matter. I don't think you need to try to get along with him or be cool with him, but you can't break your order because you don't like the feeling of dropping your kid off to a guy. I mean, you can, but it isn't a good way to go.
Opportunity knocks on your door every day. Answer it.

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby tr1plethreat » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Had the same scenario here with my D9, and it just stunk to hand the apple of your eye over to another man. But as others have said, it is better to get along with him and try to understand. I shook his hand and asked him to understand how hard it is to turn your own daughter over to another man.

Still sucked.

RC211V, love the avatar. Too bad he's retiring :(
tr1plethreat
10+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum