email hacked!

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Re: email hacked!

Postby hereticalhermit » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 am

Thank you.
First, it's a rather complex case, and doesn't involve divoece or kids, but has much of the same ugliness.
An old friend, in a different state, knowing of my depression and suicidal thoughts, began to randomly accuse me of hacking into her email or computer. That is something that I do not know how to do, would never do, have not done, etc. Innocent. Later, I received very threatening emails from her friend claiming he'd had a private detective hacking into mine for months, stating such would continue indefinitely. I obtained my own pi, and cops refused to investigate the hacking or the threats that came from sources which also seemed to have access to my account. Her friend's email was followed up ny a protective order filed from another state. No way in hell I could afford to leave home to fight it.
Several weeks before that one year extension was due to end, she took another one out. This time my pi was able to get partial copies of them and try to file an appeal on my behalf. Many of you here may understand the difficulties of dealing with recalcitrant clerks and such. In those documents were admisssions that she had been the one hacking my email, as well as forged "evidebce", slander, etc. Not one legitimate reason for her to have been granted either tpo. Cops refused to do a proper investigation, da refused to prosecute because of their personal perception of me. Finally had to come to reno to try to get a lawyer to file a motion to quash so that I could show my evidence in court. Lawyer ripped me off, I got despondent, tried to kill myself, failed, spent 7 1/2 months in jail.
During this time, she filed another against me, then didn't bother to show up to get it extended, then yet another three months later, then had her friend visit me in jail to make threats and harass me three days after filing for the last one.
Now I'm out, and totally stranded/homeless here, and trying to protect my life via the legal process.
Lots more details, but this isn't the place to write a novel about it.
hereticalhermit
10+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:49 am

You submitted your 100-page doc to the court without having already a copy for yourself and a copy for opposing counsel? o_O

Find a copy of the local Rules for Civil Procedure. Read The List too. And know your state statutes on divorce, custody, support, and equitable distribution.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby hereticalhermit » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:55 am

Homeless usually implies total poverty, to the point trhat one cannot even afford to make copies. Nothing I can do about the situation there except keep trying to find jobs and plugging on. And in case you're wondering about my internet access, the phone is in my brother's name, and he'll have to be paid back eventually.
We can only do what we can do.
hereticalhermit
10+ Posts

Postby BartSimpson » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:11 am

Your problems are not what this forum is about, and I hope you understand that you are diverting energy from what we really need to do.

Good luck, sir.
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby Trevor » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:21 am

1. This is a case of you trying to file a reciprocal TRO against someone in a different state who claims that you hacked her email, who in response has had people emailing you threats about hacking yours. (I presume the first thing you did was to change your email passwords, right?) You tried to off yourself in NV as a result of the situation and spent most of a year in jail. While this is a tough situation, help me understand how it's instructive to Dads and people going through divorce, where our volunteer efforts are needed and from which seem to be diverted by this thread.

2. I'd deny your TRO too if you are living somewhere else and have little chance of being near the ones who don't even seem to be threatening to come to where you live and punch you in the nose. Are there credible threats to your health and life being documented by these emails? If so, dial down your filing and look for a way to get some form of legal counsel. There may be pro bono resources locally. If not, tell us so we can allocate resources appropriately.

3. Not clear why simply ignoring the original false noise wasn't enough to avoid the mess at the start. If anyone sent me an email accusing me of something I knew to be patently false I'd delete it and move on. If it persisted I'd block further messages from the originating email account. No point engaging when you knew it was bad information from the start. And you're not compelled to respond to anything short of a court document doing so.

4. My finger is on the Lock This Thread button cos it's not our mission.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby hereticalhermit » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:28 am

I am in reno, and the threats against me are real and ongoing. The local legal help, washoe legal services, says that their federal mandate denies them the ability to help anyone who has a protective order in place against them. I am doing the best I can under the circumstances. Being totally destitute means that I can't simply jump on a bus and go somewhere else.
hereticalhermit
10+ Posts

Postby TransAm » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:22 pm

How can one accidentally not kill oneself?

Try to stone yourself?

Hold your breath?

Stand in a hot tub wrapped in tin foil during a lightning storm?
"Wrap it up in latex or she's going to get your paychecks."
TransAm
500+ Posts

Postby hereticalhermit » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:27 pm

The bullet was a dud, didn't fire.
hereticalhermit
10+ Posts

Postby TransAm » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Looks like you're a failure at everything.
"Wrap it up in latex or she's going to get your paychecks."
TransAm
500+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Who tries to kill themselves with a single shot firearm and only one bullet around?

Someone not committed to getting the job done, that's who.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Previous Next

Return to Miscellany