could ex really be this evil?

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

could ex really be this evil?

Postby lukesdad1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:52 am

February 2009: Six months after our separation NJ finds out I'm dating. She loses her job and ends up in a mental hospital.

Febraury 2010: I'm engaged to my current wife.

February 2011: NJ gets engaged.

August 2011: NJ in a mental/drug rehab facility. She goes in on August 28th. We separated August 28th 2008.

May 2012: NJ in a Bible camp/drug rehab/long term residential facility for one year. She goes in on May 16th, which used to be our wedding anniversary. This is the summer of my S10's fifth grade year. Turns out she has an eating disorder in addition to, ostensibly, prescription drug addiction and anxiety. My mother left me in the summer of my 5th grade year. She had an eating disorder.

Please tell me I'm reading too much into this. I know that she's highly manipulative, but this is nuts.
lukesdad1
50+ Posts

Re: could ex really be this evil?

Postby Trevor » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:02 am

S10 is with you and doing well, right? So...why does any of this matter to you?
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby BartSimpson » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:03 am

You think that's nuts?

The last 4 digits of my SSN is exactly the same as the amount of money my NJ owes me.

Wierd, huh.
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby lukesdad1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:12 am

S10 is doing okay. I'm going back to court to fight for sole custody.

Why does it matter? That's a valid question. I guess it's just dawning on my what I'm truly dealing with. I guess that realization could give me a different perspective as to help my son when his mom does come back into the scene.
lukesdad1
50+ Posts

Postby lohe » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:37 am

Kids know a LOT more than we give them credit for.

He most likely knows that his mother's behavior is not normal.

Get him to a therapist if he starts acting troubled but until then, you seem to be headed in the right direction.
lohe
1K+ Posts

Postby madalex » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 am

Your ex has had serious mental issues for 3+ years. The fact that she may have planned her admittance to mental facilities to coincide with meaningful dates in your relationship with her may be further evidence of those mental issues (which you already knew about) or it may really be just a coincidence. Can't see that it makes much difference either way. Your focus should be on your child, not on the crazy (literally) things your ex may or may not be doing.
madalex
500+ Posts

Postby mbxdad » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:29 pm

You're reading too much into it - and thinking too much about it.

Too many years with crazy does that to us. Be glad your child isn't around it day in and day out as well. Look to your child's emotional health and focus on that and your new life.
mbxdad
100+ Posts

Postby newwife » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:31 pm

If she went into rehab the first time August of 2011, why are you just now going back to get sole custody?

And who knows what's going on with NJ. A lot of mental issues are something they bring on themselves-perhaps she is getting into her mental anguish because of suggestions? You've told her your mom has an eating disorder-then she develops one-hypochrondriac reactions are normal with NJ's.

If you told her you had migraines, she would probably start to have them to.
newwife
500+ Posts

Postby minuette » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Perhaps you should be glad your wienie didn't get burned off sticking it in The Devil, and leave it at that.

~
I didn't read anything "evil" in her behavior. Mentally damaged and acting out for attention, sure. But compared to what some people do in this world, she's a kitten. Keep your kid safe and make sure he's dealing with things appropriately.
Trivial or impure dreaming literally rots the fabric of the future. --Lawrence Durrell
minuette
1K+ Posts

Postby RC411V » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:36 pm

What was that movie with Jim Carrey... 26 or Numbers or something??
Opportunity knocks on your door every day. Answer it.

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Next

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum