Dr refusing to give dad info

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get advice on your life after divorce.

Dr refusing to give dad info

Postby MMF » Fri May 04, 2012 2:27 pm

What do you do about this? We obviously have joint legal and physical custody. NJ took child to the Dr, I couldn't make the appt. NJ refuses to give me info about the appt, so I called the office to get it. The dr not only refused to give me info, but told me he had no obligation to give me anything and for me to get a lawyer.

What would you guys do in this situation?

I'm thinking about just taking him for a second opinion when he's with me and filing a complaint on the Dr.
Giving NJ the rope she needs to hang herself since 2009
MMF
1K+ Posts

Re: Dr refusing to give dad info

Postby KeepingMyKids » Fri May 04, 2012 2:38 pm

I'd first try showing up at the doctor's office with a copy of your decree stating the joint legal custody. If he still refuses, THEN you spend money on a lawyer and toast him.

Did he give you a specific reason?
"Your problem is you shook a wh0re tree and expected an angel to drop out."
KeepingMyKids
500+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri May 04, 2012 2:44 pm

If it that happened in my state I would show up with a copy of the decree, a copy of the state statute defining joint legal custody and a prefilled out complaint form to the state medical licensing board and be as nice and professional as possible while I explained the situation and what my expectations were.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby MMF » Fri May 04, 2012 2:49 pm

The dr office is 5 hours away from me. So just showing up with my decree isn't really an option. I'm down there about an hour away from the office once a week but it's to spend time with my kids. And I'd honestly rather not drag them into any more drama.
MMF
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri May 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Then just file the complaint.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby defaultuser » Fri May 04, 2012 3:13 pm

You aren't planning a visit anytime soon?
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Postby Trevor » Fri May 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby MMF » Fri May 04, 2012 6:56 pm

defaultuser wrote:You aren't planning a visit anytime soon?

I go weekly but like I said, I'd have to decide between visiting with the boys or take them with me and hope no drama goes down.

Trevor, that is awesome! I already faxed them a nice little letter today but I think I will be using that as well. Send it to the GP down there and the ER since they are in there weekly...
MMF
1K+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Fri May 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Take the kids with you. Get this thing done, don't take no for an answer.

When I was a very young boy, my mother found out I wasn't being enrolled into the local kinder. I have no idea why; but at the time, she was a SAHM, my brothers were in school, and my sister was an infant and with a sitter for this event. My Dad was at work and had the family car. I remember walking to that school with my mother who went to fight for my admission. She met with the principal and other administrators for a while. I remember vividly walking back home with her, as she was crying about her experience. But I'll never forget accompanying her while she was going to bat for me.

Maybe this can be such an experience for your kids...seeing Dad, yet again, having to go out of his way to do the right thing for them. Change your perspective...maybe it'll be good for them.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby defaultuser » Fri May 04, 2012 8:04 pm

I agree. This isn't exposing them to divorce drama, and doesn't really have anything to do with your X. Marching in somewhere and standing up for your kids, and their father is something they will gain respect for you over.
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Next

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On