pleasure cruise departs, I'm in the little bed room

Advice on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation advice for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: pleasure cruise departs, I'm in the little bed room

Postby dobradavid » Fri May 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Please post the excel file this works in.

Here_We_Go wrote:FWIW ...I am alright with excel and this is the formula I use to calculate time. It will return days, hours and minutes between two times in this format (4/5/12 5:00 PM)
hope it helps someone =DAY(F6-E6)&" days "&HOUR(F6-E6)&" hrs "&MINUTE(F6-E6)&" min"
dobradavid
100+ Posts

Postby jumbledone » Fri May 04, 2012 1:29 pm

dobradavid wrote:Please post the excel file this works in.

Here_We_Go wrote:FWIW ...I am alright with excel and this is the formula I use to calculate time. It will return days, hours and minutes between two times in this format (4/5/12 5:00 PM)
hope it helps someone =DAY(F6-E6)&" days "&HOUR(F6-E6)&" hrs "&MINUTE(F6-E6)&" min"

It is a pretty standard excel formula, as long as you have two time stamps (beginning time (Column E in this case) and end time (Column F in this case)). Make sure that your overall Excel spreadsheet denotes whether they were with you overnight, and if they were, how many overnights.

If the cell with the formula comes back wtih a date, rather than time, make sure you use the custom format and enter DD:HH:MM to get to straight up days:hours:minutes format. At any given period than you can use the =Sum(range) formula to add up all the time.

So I would do something like:
Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E Column F Column G
Activity Pick up spot Children involved Overnight Date/Time Start Date/Time End Formula above

Choose your own column names, but this would be a basic, good way of tracking time with a spreadsheet software most people have access to somewhere.
The meaning of life is Happiness. What makes you happy? - Dalai Lama

For a more peaceful life, live the serenity prayer.
jumbledone
5K+ posts

Postby stretchkr » Fri May 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Yeah, your calm attitude, and Superdadness are likely causing her some greif. "WHY AREN'T YOU AS MISERABLE AND CONFUSED AS ME???"
stretchkr
100+ Posts

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum