Why would NJ ask to be taken off Health Insurance?

Advice on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation advice for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Why would NJ ask to be taken off Health Insurance?

Postby gadad223 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 pm

D going on since last August. Get message today that she wants me to take her off my Health Insurance so she can get her own... Lawyer said NO, can not do it.

Just wondering why she would want to, last message I got from her was "thanks alot, I will have to wait til next year to get it."

She does not have it available at her part time job, guess she was talking Medicade or something. Didnt know there was a deadline or enrollment period.

Any Ideas?
gadad223
100+ Posts

Re: Why would NJ ask to be taken off Health Insurance?

Postby RC411V » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Trying to get you to do something dumb so she can hammer you in court over it? That's retarded, just because you have insurance for her doesn't mean she can't get it for herself.
Opportunity knocks on your door every day. Answer it.

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby Treading Water » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Why does she have to be off of your policy to get on a new one? She can sign up for the new policy and have two policies in force at the same time. Who is paying for her being on your policy? Who would be paying for her new policy? If you pay for her to be on your policy then I would keep her on and pay in order to be safe. Let her pay for her own policy if she wants one.

TW
Treading Water
100+ Posts

Postby Tyrell » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:39 pm

I'd guess she's going after some state or fed assistance, or some type of social service. I think to be eligable for medicade you cannot have any insurance from another source.

Word of warning, if she is getting the state or feds involved, depending on what she's telling them, they will get all up in your business, espically if kids are involved.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"
Philip K Dick
Tyrell
500+ Posts

Postby gadad223 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Tyrell wrote:I'd guess she's going after some state or fed assistance, or some type of social service. I think to be eligable for medicade you cannot have any insurance from another .

I think this may be what is going on, or she is knocked up.

Temp order reserves CS until final. Settlement agreement has been going back and fourth. Still pretty much paying for everything, when I can. 50/50 in temp also. Guess she is trying to screw me into doing something wrong or just wants free money.
gadad223
100+ Posts

Postby RC411V » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Yeah, beware of her fraud and make sure you're not connected to it. Don't talk to the crazy b[tch, keep the insurance if you had it for her during the marriage, until the divorce is done. Ignore what she says.

I'm getting scared NJ is going to get pregnant. She told me she was getting off birth control, she's still on my insurance and there's an assumption that a married couple are the parents of the woman's child. I don't want to have to go through the effin DNA test, but I can see her doing that to try to get free insurance, CS, etc. Her dude lives with her and they both don't work, neither of them have any dignity.
Opportunity knocks on your door every day. Answer it.

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Maybe she doesn't want you to have access to her claims, which exposes her medical stuff to you, as the primary subscriber to the insurance policy. But she could still get her own. I am unsure what transparencey might exist when the two would coordinate benefits, though.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby hanzblinx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:04 pm

RC211V wrote: Her dude lives with her and they both don't work, neither of them have any dignity.

Amazing pattern. My ex got knocked up right after the divorce. Neither has a job, and she moved him into her mom's basement with her. They are both mid 30's. She had a 22 y/o BF at the time, apparently he is not the father cause she dropped him like a potato, and he was not invited into the coveted basement.

I took the whole thing as a positive because it led to the termination of alimony.
hanzblinx
100+ Posts

Postby BubbaGumpShrimp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:14 pm

gadad223 wrote:
Tyrell wrote:I'd guess she's going after some state or fed assistance, or some type of social service. I think to be eligable for medicade you cannot have any insurance from another .

I think this may be what is going on, or she is knocked up.

Temp order reserves CS until final. Settlement agreement has been going back and fourth. Still pretty much paying for everything, when I can. 50/50 in temp also. Guess she is trying to screw me into doing something wrong or just wants free money.

Yup. She wanted to get out of the plan during the open enrollment/drop period so that she could hop on medicare. 10-1 she's knocked up and/or caught a VD and she doesn't want you to have visibility on her claims.

That's another thing that's going to COMPLETELY **** me. NJ and her kids are on my insurance until the divorce is finalized. I would put money on it that she won't pay for a goddamn thing (other than required co-pays) and I'll get stuck with paying for everything.
BubbaGumpShrimp
1K+ Posts

Postby gadad223 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Pretty sure now I know why, more than likely has one in the oven. Her lawyer sent settlement papers back to mine Friday and wants a hearing to let judge rule on things we don't agree on. And they want this done next Friday.
gadad223
100+ Posts

Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum