Graduation letter to my daughter

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Graduation letter to my daughter

Postby jetstream » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:58 pm

My last post was said in jest. I'm being 100% serious now.

I will write her a letter for her graduation that will let her know how much I love her, how proud I am of her, and hopefully will contain a bit of wisdom to help carry her through her college years. And every word of it will be true. Nothing made up. There is plenty of good history to work with there.

But it will be between me and her. I won't post it here because some jerk will find a reason to find fault with that as well.

Over and out.
"If parents who are considering divorce spent more time talking to divorced parents there would be less divorced parents."
jetstream
50+ Posts

Postby dobradavid » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Just remember...at LEAST she is graduating...not in lockdown some where.

jetstream wrote:My last post was said in jest. I'm being 100% serious now.

I will write her a letter for her graduation that will let her know how much I love her, how proud I am of her, and hopefully will contain a bit of wisdom to help carry her through her college years. And every word of it will be true. Nothing made up. There is plenty of good history to work with there.

But it will be between me and her. I won't post it here because some jerk will find a reason to find fault with that as well.

Over and out.
dobradavid
100+ Posts

Postby kangaroocourt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Trevor wrote:Just reviewed cap's posts, jet's posts, and mine. Cap has relevant experience in his life, do not forget; he seems genuine in playing devil's advocate, which isn't going over well with jet, who appears to be getting the message from everyone else but is quite sensitive about cap's words. I don't see cap as being out of line, carrying the previously mentioned butter bars that he has earned on his sleeve.

jet, you'll do yourself some good to chill and recognize cap's good intentions and not just blow off his perspective. You might read again my post about problem analysis.

Sure, ignore what is not relevant. Just don't mistake all the things you don't like reading as something necessarily irrelevant.

He was totally out of line. His comments toward this gentlemen were nothing short of appalling.
kangaroocourt
100+ Posts

Postby kangaroocourt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:34 pm

capslock wrote:I didn't make any personal comments towards the gentleman or call anyone names like jerk or ***** as I was called in this thread.
Read through the OP's posts and you will see he took a pretty hard stance against his own child, and stated he wanted to throw in the towel and in fact had given up over the last year.
Call me what you like. Be appauled if you like. I take that sort of treatment of a child very seriously.

I did NOT call you any names nor accuse you of being a jerk. What I said was that you were out of line. I've read the thread, I know what was said, and I stand by my comment. It doesn't mean that I think you are a jerk, just that I think you were wrong. To be more specific, I think you were wrong by assuming that jetstream contributed to this situation, because in my mind there was no evidence at all that this was so.

For the record, I am not calling you a jerk nor do I believe you are a jerk. Truthfully, I've enjoyed many of your posts that you've written in the past.
kangaroocourt
100+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:09 pm

kangaroocourt wrote:I think you were wrong by assuming that jetstream contributed to this situation, because in my mind there was no evidence at all that this was so.

Oh come on, roo, he's the father, and his actions, behaviors, decisions, and words ALL contributed to the dynamic between himself and his child, for better or worse, as he constitutes fully 50% of that relationship. You cannot credibly claim that his half of that relationship dynamic was unimpactful on that relationship. You make no sense. No one is claiming he &@*#ed up the relationship, all that was proposed was that jet might consider his impact on that dynamic.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby kangaroocourt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:49 pm

Trevor wrote:
kangaroocourt wrote:I think you were wrong by assuming that jetstream contributed to this situation, because in my mind there was no evidence at all that this was so.

Oh come on, roo, he's the father, and his actions, behaviors, decisions, and words ALL contributed to the dynamic between himself and his child, for better or worse, as he constitutes fully 50% of that relationship. You cannot credibly claim that his half of that relationship dynamic was unimpactful on that relationship. You make no sense. No one is claiming he &@*#ed up the relationship, all that was proposed was that jet might consider his impact on that dynamic.

No, sir. It takes 2 people to maintain a relationship and only 1 to ruin it. See the demise of many a marriage, but the principle applies in a father/daughter relationship as well. Based on the posted dynamic (which I believe, btw) the daughter is just about 100% at fault for the estrangement.
kangaroocourt
100+ Posts

Postby hoosier_dad » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 am

kangaroocourt wrote:Based on the posted dynamic (which I believe, btw) the daughter is just about 100% at fault for the estrangement.

The blame for long term parental alienation and the impact on the Father Child relationship does not reside with daughter or Dad. They are both victims.

I think what caps was hinting at is that it is easy and natural to react to your daughter's actions because they obviously hurt a good loving Dad, but it is also important to recognize that she is a victim of long term parental alienation as well. Hopefully she'll come out of her fog and realize what a great Dad she has, and by rewriting your letter jetstream you've left that door wide open for her.
hoosier_dad

Postby kangaroocourt » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:37 pm

hoosier_dad wrote:
kangaroocourt wrote:Based on the posted dynamic (which I believe, btw) the daughter is just about 100% at fault for the estrangement.

The blame for long term parental alienation and the impact on the Father Child relationship does not reside with daughter or Dad. They are both victims.

I think what caps was hinting at is that it is easy and natural to react to your daughter's actions because they obviously hurt a good loving Dad, but it is also important to recognize that she is a victim of long term parental alienation as well. Hopefully she'll come out of her fog and realize what a great Dad she has, and by rewriting your letter jetstream you've left that door wide open for her.

Yes, I stand corrected that the XW deserves blame. Although I do believe the daughter also deserves blame, just not 100%.
kangaroocourt
100+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Best of luck to you and your daughter mending fences down the road, jet.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum