settlement conference...

Advice on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation advice for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

settlement conference...

Postby johnm71 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:58 pm

settlement conference for divorce was scheduled for today at her attorney's request...........so i take off work,drive 20 miles to his office and arrive early so i can consult with my attorney before conference and while i'm sitting there recieve phone call from my attorney that her attorney would not be able to have scheduled conference today due to his daughter being ill............i was not happy to say the least,my attorney informs me that he will have to charge me an hour,but will not charge me mileage..........so between attorney fees,lost wages,fuel..i figure i'm out 300 bucks at least and feel that i should not be because i was present for conference that her attorney had scheduled................is there anything i can do to recoup my loss on this situation?
johnm71
10+ Posts

Re: settlement conference...

Postby defaultuser » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:26 am

You can ask for attorneys fees. The delay was caused by others, so its somewhat legitimate.

My attorney is very good about asking for fees for all the BS that the OC pulls to delay the case.
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Re: settlement conference...

Postby johnm71 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:26 pm

I plan to do just that....curious as to what judge will have to say about this.
johnm71
10+ Posts

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum