Not so fast...

Advice on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation advice for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Not so fast...

Postby Trevor » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:54 pm

No worries. Self-delusion doesn't help, pretending or denying reality makes matters worse for you.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby stb_divorced » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:01 pm

i knew you'd react negatively to that. if you re-read my statement i said she didn't 'want' to be the OW. I never said she wasn't the OW nor did i imply that. not sure where you're going here... trying not to be rude but the heart of my post had nothing to do with custody or the OW but you seem focused on that.

you're the mod - delete the thread if you don't think my post is deserving of real attention or a legitimate response to my questions. i'm clear about custody. i'm clear about the OW. i'm not clear about all the other stuff!
stb_divorced
100+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:11 pm

Of course I am focused on that, this is a Dad's forum. I won't delete the thread cos there are things you can do to sort out your financial stuff. I just wanted to suss out where your head was related to the kids. I think no matter what, you should maximize the time you can get now, because once it's written in orders, it's hard to change it.
Trevor

Postby stb_divorced » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:19 pm

and i can make a strong argument for custody with no residence?
stb_divorced
100+ Posts

Postby BartSimpson » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:30 pm

My question about the girlfriend was related to your wifey wanting her claims now. The typical modern woman reacts in a predictable way when another woman enters the scene; kinda like how yours did.

When responding to discovery, you only provide what you have. There are a number of threads on discovery strategy so the search function would likely help you tremendously.

To be honest - yours is typical of men who work in trades, contractors and such. You don't have that special a circumstance for the courts to get all wound up, but enough for lawyers to make a few extra bucks chasing shadows from the light of truth. Unless you were doing something extra-legal, like slinging, there won't be much to worry about.

You can always screw with deadlines, motions to compel, clarifications, and generally be a pain in the butt to opposing counsel with a little help from your attorney.

Recently an acquaintance was involved in a divorce, and had access to unlimited copies and printing - his discovery response was 12 boxes delivered with a pallet jack and a note saying "It's all in there somewhere".
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby stb_divorced » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:04 pm

that's hilarious. i'd love to try something like that but would be afraid i'd PO the judge.
stb_divorced
100+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:10 pm

I guess its a possibility but it could also give the judge a chuckle.

Besides, if that actually pissed off a judge he's one sour MFer. Its a standard legal practice known as a file dump.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby dobradavid » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:21 pm

Consider enlisting in the military. Seriously. Lots of structure and the pay is not bad.

Trevor wrote:Not contesting custody? Why not?

[Hint: this is a Dad's forum]
dobradavid
100+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:36 pm

You wouldn't send the boxes of discovery to the judge, you send it to OC. It's their business to handle that, not the judge.

Seems you might consider the ramifications of finding some structure, even if living again with your parents, coming to court, hat in hand, all cards on the table. If you did any financial shenanigans during your marriage, your STBX probably signed those same tax returns, so she's not a vestal virgin either.
Trevor

Postby stb_divorced » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:40 pm

what's the likelihood that the judge will toss my complaint and accept hers?
stb_divorced
100+ Posts

Previous Next

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum