you wont believe this

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get advice on your life after divorce.

you wont believe this

Postby higherroad » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:30 pm

so sunday was the boys moms bday. one painted a picture and the other wrote a letter. i helped them set it up.

for the letter i supplied my oldest with the info about moms birth. it was cool, what was the weather like that day, billboard #1 song etc. i also provided the info on where she was born and what time.

she flips out. says i am in possession of stolen property ie. birth certificate. she calls police and files a report. what the hell do i say to the officer?
higherroad
1K+ Posts

Re: you wont believe this

Postby MMF » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:32 pm

laugh... I mean what else is there to do?
Giving NJ the rope she needs to hang herself since 2009
MMF
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:33 pm

"Would you like a donut?"

If the interrogation gets too severe, throw your kid under the bus and say he did it.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby RC411V » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:49 pm

Wow she's crazy. But yeah, who knows if a cop even talks to you? They might just laugh at it. Don't worry.

One day my STBX texted me several times about how she was at the police station and about to file a report listing me as the 'assailant' (she took a criminal justice course and around that time I heard lots of things from her that seemed to be theatrics that, in her mind, would scare me... like using the word 'assailant' in a text message...) unless I came clean and admitted what I'd done.

I wanted to ignore her, but I couldn't help wondering what it was she was freaking about, so I asked her. She said I stole her POS barbecue from her back yard. I told her to go ahead and file her report, let the cops do an investigation. Effin psycho.

How do you know she filed a report? This is the kind of stuff I had to learn to not let get to me. Just let it roll off like water off a duck's back.
Opportunity knocks on your door every day. Answer it.

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby higherroad » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:01 pm

she sent me a message this morning on ofw saying if i did not bring it over immediately she was going to the police station. got a call from the officer this morning who left a message.

do i explain any of this to kids.
higherroad
1K+ Posts

Postby RC411V » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:05 pm

I wouldn't talk to my kids about something like that, nothing they need to know about. I guess I'd call the officer back and explain that you helped your kids make a birthday present for their mom. You probably don't need to explain that the information you used is not private or classified or stolen, just pulbic info, and that you don't have any such items or info. If he asks, just tell him. You probably won't need to say anything about your NJ either, seems like it will be obvious what she is.

What's 'ofw'?
Opportunity knocks on your door every day. Answer it.

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby higherroad » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:08 pm

our family wizard.
higherroad
1K+ Posts

Postby anonymous guest » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Of course you don't explain it to the kids, its your job to insulate them from the divorce BS and drama.
Her filing a police report over you helping the kid make a birthday card could be a gift. It clearly shows she is high conflict.
If you get a call from the cop, just answer the questions and don't talk smack about your NJ. Don't try to over explain it, or throw NJ under the bus.
anonymous guest
500+ Posts

Postby MMF » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 pm

anonymous guest wrote:Of course you don't explain it to the kids, its your job to insulate them from the divorce BS and drama.
Her filing a police report over you helping the kid make a birthday card could be a gift. It clearly shows she is high conflict.
If you get a call from the cop, just answer the questions and don't talk smack about your NJ. Don't try to over explain it, or throw NJ under the bus.

Yep. How about mentioning you were married to the NJ for X number of years, and things like that a spouse should know. You were simply trying to help your kids make a thoughtful present for their mother and clearly she's nuts...
Giving NJ the rope she needs to hang herself since 2009
MMF
1K+ Posts

Postby ZUMBO » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 pm

WOW.......that's all day crazy......go radio silence and wait for her head to explode
Your very existence upsets her. Like most NJs she basically wants her life exactly as it is, minus you, plus your money. -novadad
ZUMBO
100+ Posts

Next

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On