Is my house bugged?

Discussions on technology and its application and implications in divorce

Is my house bugged?

Postby Fatherofthree » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:56 am

Perhaps I am being a bit paranoid but I really wonder if NJ has my house bugged. I have searched for cameras everywhere and cannot find any but with todays technology I am wondering if I missed something.

While viewing the call logs from my home phone(we still live together) I have noticed a pattern of NJ calling her cell phone from our home phone. We alternate weekends and every sunday she returns she calls her cell from our home phone, usually twice. The duration of the calls are always the same. 36 seconds for first call and 0 seconds for second. It also appears that she calls her cell from the home phone friday before she leaves the house. I also see calls to the cell from the home phone when she arrives home on my nights during the week.

Does anyone know of a key logger, audio recorder or video recorder that is activated and transmitted via phone to cell? I have searched the internet and cannot find anything. She has purchased a few things at the uspystore in the past but all items were returned(key logger, gps tracking and the like.)
Fatherofthree
10+ Posts

Re: Is my house bugged?

Postby blue » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:11 am

Maybe she is just calling her voicemail some of those times.
Is your computer connected to your phone? Might be software on it to dial out. Scan it thoroughly if you haven't already. I like Spybot which seems comprehensive, and it's free. And/or disconnect the phone line when you're not using it.
You should have a complex log-on password which you change frequently, and she should not have administrative rights.
Any chance it's your children calling your stbx?
A devious approach is to lay virtual and verbal landmines within range of any suspected mcrophone pickups, and see if they cause her to change tactics.
blue
50+ Posts

Postby BartSimpson » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:14 am

Activating and deactivating call-forwarding?

So 1980's.
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby Max » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Bart's answer seems to be the most plausible.
Max
100+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:22 pm

Has a knack for that.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby BartSimpson » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:05 pm

You kid's get off my lawn!
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Streetwise RFCBD Bug and RF Detector
Bottom of the barrel economy model. = $18

Look on your old lady's face as you sweep the house every time you get home= Priceless
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby Fatherofthree » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:56 pm

She lives on her iphone so I doubt she is checking her voicemail.
Definitely not turning on/off call forwarding.

When I built my house I designed and installed my whole house network and a/v with a few cameras. I have checked the main hub and rack and nothing seems to be touched and new new wires or equipment. I have done a pretty good scan of the house for cameras and have found none.

Just thought there could be something obvious that I overlooked.

The pattern, frequency and duration of the calls is what has me alarmed.
Fatherofthree
10+ Posts

Postby whatnow? » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Maybe she's using it to bait you. Ever consider that she might be looking to start a fight and have you come out the bad guy? Like FoF says, check out a "bug detector" at your local spystore. At the least, it could be telling her that you trust her as far as you can throw your car...........
When your ex says .. you will never find anyone like me .. and you reply .. God I sure hope not...
whatnow?
1K+ Posts

Next

Return to Technology and Divorce