A poll for the guys who are owed child support

Humor, philosophical, theoretical postions, judicial reform, rants, etc.

Amount of arrears

$100 - $999
No votes
$1000 - $1999
20%
$2000 - $2999
10%
$3000 - $3999
20%
> $4000
50%

Total votes : 10

A poll for the guys who are owed child support

Postby dadmisseskids » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:46 am

I'm just curious how prevalent this is. You know, the dead beat mom. My ex is over $3000 in arrears and has obtained the lowest possible paying job but works a second job off the books. How much is your ex-wife or girlfriend in arrears, for those that are owed child support?
"Success depends on your backbone, not your wishbone"

Mommy has Borderline Personality Disorder? She's very difficult to deal with? Buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056JX46W
dadmisseskids
1K+ Posts

Re: A poll for the guys who are owed child support

Postby i_won_sorta » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:33 pm

I grossed just under 90 last year. My ex has state minimums and probably grossed around 8k or so. I get absolutely nothing. And i pay 100% medical. She does pay half of school expenses whenever she gets aroind to it. thats about $75/ year.
i_won_sorta
500+ Posts

Postby dadoftwo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:03 pm

My experience: Nobody cares that mommy don't pay . . . Makes me a little resentful when I think back to the sheer purgatory NJ put me through when I did pay her but she accused me of not.

Not for nothing, but times are a little tough for me right now, and I'd like to put D10 back in dancing school.

Maybe I'd be less upset by the whole business if NJ supported D10 in other ways, like schoolwork or something. Seems like the only thing D10 is getting from her mom is a liking for raunchy music.

But I'm not bitter at all. :wink:
dadoftwo
100+ Posts

Postby dadmisseskids » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:07 am

dadoftwo wrote:My experience: Nobody cares that mommy don't pay . . . Makes me a little resentful when I think back to the sheer purgatory NJ put me through when I did pay her but she accused me of not.
I partially agree. The domestic relations in my county seems to be on top of everything and I really don't have to do much of anything. They filed a non-compliance letter against NJ, they filed a lien (tax refund intercept) against NJ and they scheduled a contempt hearing for NJ. I literally didn't have to do anything.

The part where I do agree is when the roles were reversed. One time I was 10 HOURS late with a CS payment. NJ over drafted her bank account and of course that was my fault. She left me five voice mails saying that I would not get the kids that weekend unless I paid her over draft fees.

NJ hasn't paid any CS in over five weeks and is over $3,000 in arrears. She believes that she doesn't have to pay CS but when I was late, literally hours, with a CS payment, all hell broke loose. That's NJ thinking.

Mommy has Borderline Personality Disorder? She's very difficult to deal with? Buy this:

dadmisseskids
1K+ Posts

Postby i_won_sorta » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:40 am

dadmisseskids wrote:The part where I do agree is when the roles were reversed. One time I was 10 HOURS late with a CS payment. NJ over drafted her bank account and of course that was my fault. She left me five voice mails saying that I would not get the kids that weekend unless I paid her over draft fees.

NJ hasn't paid any CS in over five weeks and is over $3,000 in arrears. She believes that she doesn't have to pay CS but when I was late, literally hours, with a CS payment, all hell broke loose. That's NJ thinking.

But really that's just your NJ being an NJ. She wouldn't have gotten any traction in court.
i_won_sorta
500+ Posts

Postby dadmisseskids » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:47 am

i_won_sorta wrote:But really that's just your NJ being an NJ. She wouldn't have gotten any traction in court.
I know. I went to the meeting place and got a receipt. When the trial came, I motioned for mileage ($.51 X 214 miles) and the judge awarded it. :D

dadmisseskids
1K+ Posts

Postby dadoftwo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:34 pm

In my case, she hasn't contributed a dime in almost a year and a half - ever since the order was written. The last time cse brought her in to court, the judge just gave her more time - again. Not even that much of a lecture. She cried (literally) poor and victimized (by what/who??). That's all it took. She even tried to get some of it "forgiven." The judge didn't tell her yes to that, but he didn't tell her no either. Just said that in another six months we "would see where she was."
dadoftwo
100+ Posts

Postby dadmisseskids » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:02 pm

dadoftwo wrote:In my case, she hasn't contributed a dime in almost a year and a half - ever since the order was written. The last time cse brought her in to court, the judge just gave her more time - again. Not even that much of a lecture. She cried (literally) poor and victimized (by what/who??). That's all it took. She even tried to get some of it "forgiven." The judge didn't tell her yes to that, but he didn't tell her no either. Just said that in another six months we "would see where she was."
That's a joke. My county doesn't play games. No pay in 14 days, they send you a letter. No pay in another 20 days, you get a court date for contempt. No show at the contempt hearing, bench warrant issued and license suspended. It's a little foggy after that....

Oh, and they already put NJ in for a lien on her tax refund for $3,000. I wonder if I'll get it and if I do, how long it takes. Considering she grossed like $5,000 last year, I have no idea how much she'll get back.

dadmisseskids
1K+ Posts

Postby Chris A » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:58 pm

I raised my son by myself from the age of 3 months till 21 without any help from his mom at all. I asked about support a few times and was told she has no income. I pointed out that if she has no income how does she feed him on her weekends. I was told that if I bring that up I could be forced to pay her support during her visitations. That was about 25 years ago but still screwy.

She disappeared a few years ago. Though and now only has Internet contact.
“Women can fake orgasms. But men can fake whole relationships.”
Chris A
500+ Posts

Postby dadmisseskids » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:15 am

Some of you guys are owed some serious cash. That's got to be frustrating as hell.

I found a statistic from a census report, albeit 7 years old, which indicated that the percentage of women who received the full amount of CS is 47.3% and the percentage of men who received the full amount of CS is 46.2%. That tells me that the "deadbeat" parent is equal between men and women.

Sometimes those statistics are flawed though. It could mean the NCP was in arrears by $100 or $10,000. However, the gap between CS owed and payed from mother's to father's was ~$1400. The gap between CS owed and payed from father's to mother's was ~$2,000.

While women are not paying the full amount of CS (1.1% less than men), men seem to have a higher amount of arrears (~$2,000). That statistic could be flawed too. Some women purposely work crappy jobs just to get welfare and more CS, which makes the amount of CS owed more than a father can handle. I know, my ex did that exact thing.

My head was spinning after reading the report. It just made me more confused and now I have more questions than answers. :roll:

dadmisseskids
1K+ Posts

Return to Miscellany