x violating a no contact order with bf and my kids

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: x violating a no contact order with bf and my kids

Postby anxiousdad » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 pm

ok, so I didn't drop the kids off yesterday,
an hour later I get a call from the family counselor from FOC.

this lady has had it out for me from day one, she is always defending the NJ and yelling at me.
So the NJ called her up and said I didn't drop the kids off, and she doesn't know why(she did know why)
So the FOC lady called me up and asked me what was going on, I told her the whole situation. Their was a long pause, and then she started in on me, stating that I didn't have the right to deny parenting time, that I had to drop the off.
I told her I consulted with my attorney and he advised me that since she is violating the no contact order with the BF and I have proof, that I didn't have to drop them off. It's a safety issue.
She told me..."well then, we WILL deal with you denying parenting time. We Will. Goodbye" and she hung up the phone.
I don't know what this woman's problem is. The NJ always plays the victim and me as the perpetrator, and she eats it right up.
This lady has all the criminal record convictions, she has the police report when my ex admitted to buying heroin and being beaten and robbed in Detroit, she knows she is an alcoholic, she knows she went to rehab and left after only 4 days. But she is always yelling at me, as if I am the bad guy.
Is their anyway I can get a new counselor? I really can't stand this woman.
anxiousdad
50+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Have you filed a motion with the court?

Because if you haven't then it amounts to you taking the law into your own hands which isn't likely to be viewed kindly by the court. If you are withholding the children you need to be asking the court to do something.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby Anything4Her » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:19 pm

I hope you filed a motion with the court as FoF said. If not, do so as soon as the courthouse opens tomorrow morning.
This is critical. You need to be able to go into court with clean hands.

You need to show that you acted expeditiously in the interests of the children by 1) withholding them from the dangerous environment, as already determined by the court , AND 2) immediately filed for Contempt and Supervised < parenting time > only. She knowingly violated court orders, assuming your evidence is solid.

I hope you already filed. If not, do so tomorrow, before the weekend. Even if it is an awkward, self written, emergency filing, get something on record. Bare facts, asking for change of custody because of the violated order. You can follow up with a well written lawyerly motion next week, but show that you are acting as quickly as possible in the best interests of the kids.
Quality time cannot be scheduled. It spontaneously arises while doing the mundane. - FatherofFour
Anything4Her
1K+ Posts

Postby anxiousdad » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:19 pm

I am going to try and get something filed by Monday or Tuesday. My lawyer wants money that I don't have, and he has told me not to file a motion myself.
In the meantime I have offered the NJ to come to my house to see the kids, told her she can bring her older son if it makes her feel more comfortable, and that I will be outside working in the garage while she is here.
I still have yet to have her ask for a time to come over.
My attorney thinks we should be able to get sole legal/physical with supervised < parenting time >
anxiousdad
50+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum