Overnight stays?

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Overnight stays?

Postby MrJ4ck123 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Fair enough.. I agree!

I have researched the facts regarding paternity tests and the way i read it for uk law, unless the test is court ordered, the onus is on me as the person doubting paternity to provide the test (or atleast it will be once the csa get involved anyway)

In any case, she is adamant that she will not have any money to do a test, so i have informed her that i wont pay a thing until i can officially put my mind at ease by doing a test and finding out the truth from facts, as opposed to her words.

I have informed her that as she wont have any money (I know this is true), i will pay for the test on the basis that it will be in lieu of any child support payments that i may have to pay should the child be mine (i.e, what would have gone to her for child support, will now go on a £100 test - if positive, i will then go ahead and negotiate private terms for child support + < parenting time >, if negative, she owes me £100 and i move on)

I see the above as my only option concerning getting to the truth as i have bonded with the baby already, i am happy for the child to be mine. Additionally, she is now threatening to stop me visiting her until the test is done as i "cant possibly be interested in visiting her if i don't think she is mine".
MrJ4ck123
New

Postby hoosier_dad » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:07 pm

MrJ4ck123 wrote:Im from UK where we have a wonderful benefits system for single mums!!!

Trevor wrote:Nor does UK law. Totally irrelevant.

UK family law might be a little relevant in this case.
hoosier_dad

Postby Trevor » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:50 pm

I interpreted/assumed "I'm from UK" differently, i.e., the guy is a naturalized UK-born person. I think I am wrong, based on the OP's account.

This board is US-based and its grassroots experience is in the US and not the UK. We are not the best source for how you blokes across the pond choose to do things.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby Trevor » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:00 pm

MrJ4ck123 wrote:if negative, she owes me £100 and i move on

Not sure you'll get anywhere with this. Consider that your £100 investment was an insurance policy against having to be on the hook for a liability of £100,000 and just walk away happy.

MrJ4ck123 wrote:she is now threatening to stop me visiting her until the test is done as i "cant possibly be interested in visiting her if i don't think she is mine".

Classic response of a person who either knows you're not the only candidate or who knows you are not the father. You should consider cutting down on communication with her except regarding spending your time with the child. All you're doing is discovering a Knowable Truth. There is no possible honest and good-faith objection to this. None whatsoever.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby atoice » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:54 pm

A test is nothing compared to what you could pay if you don't...
atoice
500+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum