50/50 cust, ex makes more

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

50/50 cust, ex makes more

Postby yellowsancho » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:12 pm

I have a 2 year old daughter. We have 50/50 custody and placement. I make about 25,000 less a year than my ex wife. I would like to get child support from her, but she is threatening to take custody when she goes to school, because she wants her to go to school near her house. Do I have anything to be worried about? This is in Wisconsin
yellowsancho
New

Re: 50/50 cust, ex makes more

Postby yellowsancho » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:13 pm

also, will I get child support from her?
yellowsancho
New

Postby Fatheroffour » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:16 pm

The law may say you are entitled. Have you run the numbers? What price is peace worth?

I think most here would agree that at 50/50 you should both pay your own way, though many are stuck paying support to a lower earning former sppouse.

Do I have anything to be worried about?

How far apart do the two of you life? Because if it is any significant distance when kiddo starts school someone will be losing out on their 50%
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby Fatheroffour » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:02 pm

I plan on being within 15 minutes of mine when it's said and done.

The best way to be prepared for Round 2 is to live within the same school district.

When one parent moves and te other parent is within the same school boundaries then its a no brainer when deciding to keep continuity for the kids. If the other parent doesn't live within the boundaries then kiddo is moving and changing schools anyway so the advantage is not really there.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby RC411V » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Any other links, references or ideas on preparing for round 2? I live in school district, have 40%, volunteer at schools etc and both kids will be going to the same one in the fall, so I think I have it good. Not quite final yet, but STBX is talking about moving and anything I can do more to prepare I want to do...

Any additional info?
Opportunity knocks on your door every day. Answer it.

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:09 pm

It looks like you've done a great job preparing for R2. More than most.

My advice is to keep on doing what you are doing. Make the choice for the court an easy one. If mom moves the least amount of disruption to kiddo the better. Same school/friends and community support system means only the most biased of judges can make the mental leaps to justify allowing the other parent to take the kids.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby RC411V » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:15 pm

That's how I feel and it seems right, hope it works, thanks for comments. My judge was a mediator for a long time, has written papers on joint custody being the ideal for kids, she is good for that. I'm not too worried, but you can't be too unprepared.

STBX wants to move to next county too, hopes to be getting a job there. I don't really want to have to go to court again, but it could be an excellent opportunity to get primary with her EOW, so I kinda hope the long shot of her moving actually happens. A narcissist can't see that they aren't the center of the universe, right? She seems convinced that she will get to take the kids... she is nuts...
Opportunity knocks on your door every day. Answer it.

Every time you start to act like a girl, ask yourself 'What would John Wayne do?'

The List
RC411V
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Yes, 15 minutes is vague, especially when 30 seeconds could be across the county line.

I'm just sayin' the closer the better and the harder for the other parent to justify moving away. Take away all arguments possible.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby RacerX35 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:28 pm

I am currently living 2 miles to the north of then family and school (private school, so the district doesn't apply) is to the south, right on my way to work. We've agreed that I will still pick the kids up on my way to work and keep the continuity. When our renter moves, it will be different. I will then be living on the other side of town, closer to the school the kids attend. I would have to drive up the their (now) house and pick them up to take them to school. I don't have a problem with that at all though. She may, just to make it harder.

Later,

Ray
RacerX35
10+ Posts

Postby newwife » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:49 pm

You know, this forum says all the time "don't listen to NJ's threats"
If tables were turned, you'd be paying her child support.

Go for child support.

She can threaten what she wants. Judge may realize she's just doing that to not be paying you child support.

Good luck
newwife
500+ Posts

Next

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum