Question about temp and permanent custody.

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Question about temp and permanent custody.

Postby MyBeautifulDaughter » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:42 am

So my stbx isn't very smart (I thank God every day for that) and I served her first. I was looking back at the paperwork and it says I should be granted temporary physical and legal custody and child support. Then it also says I should be granted permanent physical and legal custody and child support. What does this mean? Until 28 August 2012 (divorce hearing) I have basically forced her into a 50/50 agreement. Will custody not be determined at our divorce hearing and we'll have to go back to court for custody? I'm confused.
My daughter is my source of strength. I will never give up on her like her mother has our family.
MyBeautifulDaughter
10+ Posts

Re: Question about temp and permanent custody.

Postby lohe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:08 am

"your paperwork" from where?
From the courts or what you served her with?
If it's from you, it simply states what you want and it doesn't mean a pile of beans till it's signed by a judge.
lohe
1K+ Posts

Postby MyBeautifulDaughter » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:07 pm

It's in the papers that were served to my stbx/nj.
My daughter is my source of strength. I will never give up on her like her mother has our family.
MyBeautifulDaughter
10+ Posts

Postby blueTexas » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:18 pm

What lohe said.
Did she sign a temporary agreement? If she did not, then your paperwork is a bit meaningless at the moment.
If you two are agreeing to follow the paperwork you filed, it does give you a bit of an advantage in the final. However everything is still up for negotiation.
blueTexas
500+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum