Trading Weekends

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Trading Weekends

Postby SmokinMeanRibz » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:02 am

Last month, NJ and I agreed that if she takes a weekend of mine, I could have a weekend of hers. The weekend that I received was this past weekend. As a matter of fact, I had D3 from Wednesday of last week thru Monday.

As I was dropping my daughter back off to NJ, I said "Ok D3 I will see you this friday!".

NJ said that I must give up my weekend coming up (except for Father's Day Sunday) because I "had her 2 days longer than normal which in turn 'cut into her time'".

So she thinks that I am supposed to give up my weekend coming up because I cut into the 11 days that she already has out of a 14 day repeating cycle.

I know this is confusing, but it just outlines the selfishness of NJs.

She told me that "I can pick her up from school on friday since I am off, but I have to drop her back off friday afternoon."

I never agreed in writing to give up this weekend, so I am just going to pick up D3 from school and return her Sunday afternoon like normal and sit back and watch the fireworks.
SmokinMeanRibz
100+ Posts

Re: Trading Weekends

Postby newwife » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:35 pm

so let me get this straight.

she had taken a prior weekend.
so this last weekend she gave you her weekend.
now she wants it back?? but she already used it.

NJ's are that way.

If she's the type to show up at your doorstep or call the cops if you don't respond-I would tell her you are not dropping her off.
Granted, radio silence will be more fun for you-but wouldn't it be tramatic for your child if the police came and there was a hysterical NJ causing a scene on your front step?

Just sayin'
newwife
500+ Posts

Re: Trading Weekends

Postby SmokinMeanRibz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:21 am

When I took D3 to my brother's wedding, I had her for 2 extra days (wednesday-monday).

So her argument is that my time is already made up. Even though when we agreed to trade weekends, she was gone all week long and into my weekend.

In other words, in her mind, I am ONLY entitled to my weekends. Any time after that is to only be granted by her. If I go over my parenting time, I should make it up by sacrificing the little time i have.

I don't think she will call the cops or try to cause a scene. But it will <urine> her off that I am ignoring her stupid demands that she have my time this weekend. I stopped appeasing her a long time ago. She can be pissed off. She is going to be mad about something anyway. I am the person she takes it out on. Now that I just expect it, it has little to no effect on me. If I am affected, she will never know. I just show that I am happy.

"Miserable people hate it when other people are happy"

- Words straight out of the mouth of Ribz' NJ
SmokinMeanRibz
100+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum