Relocation

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: Relocation

Postby defaultuser » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:55 pm

I don't think being poor is criteria for custody. Being destitute is, but if you can provide a home, I think that you don't have too much to worry about.

As far as moving to a new better school, I think you'll find that your strong ties to the community and friends will trump a better school, unless his is unsafe or something.

But... his preference will be key. Do you think he will be able to voice his opinion? You know mom is going to be putting the screws to him. Best to get him prepared now to defend himself against the brain washing that is sure to come.
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Postby sirchin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Thanks guys, but he was playing devils advocate..

Yes, I am sure nj is putting the screws to s13...which ticks me off. But, knowing my kid, if she pushes too hard it will turn him.
sirchin
10+ Posts

Postby sirchin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Oh, he has told me he doesn't want to move. Testifying may be another thing...he loves his mom, and she can be a good one when she wants to be. So, putting him in that position really sucks. Him not liking his new stepfather may be the saving grace for me.
sirchin
10+ Posts

Previous

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum