Relocation

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Relocation

Postby sirchin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:36 pm

It has been along time since I have post here but lurking and learning..and laughing at times for awhile!
Ok, here goes...s13 almost 14 has been living with me for about four months. Nj met and married mr wonderful and has decided to move about sixty miles away. Son doesn't want to move..:)
I have standard orders for parenting time. Now, according to Alabama state law she has to notify me by r3 letter in advance with all pertinent info...I got a note in my mailbox. I responded with a r3 letter objecting to to any move. I do have a meeting with an attorney Wednesday.
Ok, thoughts?? I will be back later...have a baseball game to coach!
sirchin
10+ Posts

Re: Relocation

Postby nighthawk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:52 pm

S13 can decide, and NJ has made it easy for everyone to decide.
"I'll never give up trying to help my little girl!!"
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby atoice » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Love that your S13 is that old...you're all set! No worries!
atoice
500+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:37 pm

It may not be ezpz quite yet. S13 will have to let it be known, on record, that he prefers to remain locally with Dad, unless NJ learns of his decision and moves without him.

If NJ moves without him, wait til she moves before you utter a peep about filing for custody change and CS to start flowing in your direction.

If she tries to demand that he move with her, you will need to lawyer up to learn the steps necessary locally to have his voice heard by the court.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby sirchin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Ya'll missed a good game, we won 14-3....I finally gave in and let my kid pitch one inning, wasn't pretty but he got through it!

Anyway, I don't believe she will give in without a fight. NJ has already bought a house and closing soon. Exactly where she is moving to is a mystery, I only know the name of the city. We started the week on/off routine this past Sunday for the summer which is in the original decree.
sirchin
10+ Posts

Postby nighthawk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm glad for her, I thought by your post she had already moved, I see my mistake, although this makes Trevor right, refer to his post!
"I'll never give up trying to help my little girl!!"
nighthawk
1K+ Posts

Postby sirchin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Hello all,
I finally settled on an attorney and had a meeting today. After hearing me and what I know (her just marrying, buying big new home, etc) he is going to send her a letter. Just to let her know this is going to get expensive and we are not going to sit back and let her move my son without a fight.
My attorney likes what has been going on (son living here with me, family here, sports activities with me) but did say some things could be against me. Mostly credit history, her having a "family unit" now, better school system, etc.
I did enjoy hearing him say "when this starts she will call me an < Hole >, when its done, she will hate me"....lol
sirchin
10+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Credit history? Meaning how much lawyer you can afford?
Trevor

Postby sirchin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:45 pm

No, meaning how well I can provide compared to nj.
sirchin
10+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Sorry, that's rubbish. Americans provide for their kids based on their income. Sure, some things might be put on a credit card. Your lawyer thinks a parent who's gone through a bankruptcy is a lesser parent than one who has not? Garbage.
Trevor

Next

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum