Bias Alive and Well

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Bias Alive and Well

Postby ScoutLeaderDad » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Just attended a mandatory orientation session for custody mediation at Court. We were shown two videos stressing the importance of being good parents, working our goals through mediation, etc.

Bias was alive in well...the videos had role playing scenes, and showed a Dad moving out, a Dad moving out to an apartment, Mom staying in the house, child support being written by Dad, kids dealing with Dad's anger and Mom being scared about the future.

The two bailiffs in the court were joking around playing Angry Birds on their phones. What a messed up system.

Mediation date is in a couple of weeks. I have entered the Matrix.
ScoutLeaderDad
10+ Posts

Re: Bias Alive and Well

Postby Fatheroffour » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Seeing as that's what the majority of cases look like, its understandable that's the type of situation they would use to illustrate the points being made but, yeah, some acknowledgment of dads that will fight to be with their kids would be nice.

I remember sitting through the mandatory parenting class and thinking what a waste of time it was. Common sense stuff that if you didn't already know it the stupid class wasn't going to make a difference in getting it and the courts sure wouldnt/couldnt enforce it.

Its all part of the cash generating divorce industrial complex.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby BubbaGumpShrimp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Yup. Enjoy. When I attempted to get a temporary protective order from the magistrate, he grinned and said "if she shows up...call the police." :roll: If I had been harassing and threatening her as she was doing to me...I'm sure they wouldn't have batted an eye to get her a protective order. Where family matters are concerned, it's still the 1950's in many areas.
BubbaGumpShrimp
1K+ Posts

Postby CCR » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:54 pm

I went to 2 shelters after getting hit so hard I had 2 black eyes. One told me I had to leave immediately without explanation and the other threatened to call the police.
CCR
100+ Posts

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum