custody eval. report not very flattering

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

Re: custody eval. report not very flattering

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Top three reasons.

Bias.

Status qou.

Bias.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby Outis » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Fatheroffour wrote:Top three reasons.

Bias.

Status qou.

Bias.

You forgot the possibility that bias led to the status quo.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Outis
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:13 pm

That's why bias is first?
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby pushed2far » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Last edited by pushed2far on Wed May 23, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pushed2far
100+ Posts

Postby mcc333 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:37 pm

OK, I think I can offer something here.

First of all, the bias is something that you'll see in most cases. Unfortunately for you, you have male genitals and you don't have a video tape of your ex beating children and puppies. If you and the ex are both fair to midland parents, this report does not surprise me in the least. GALs are the source of mommy bias at least as much as the courts if not more.

Second, I understood after my game had played out that a judge will not grant joint custody if the parents are bringing the full custody battle to him for his decision. It will go sole one way or the other. You can agree on joint without a trial but don't expect joint if it goes to trial.

Third, there is a clear misunderstadning on what you can and can't see as far as reports. I had two GAL's and saw both full reports. However, there was psych testing performed during the evals and this test result was something only the GALs were granted permision to see. The reason is that only the psychaitrists are trained to interpret the results and they don't want untrained people thinking they know better how to interpret. So in your case, do not expect to see test results. However, certainly the GAL's report is not only something you and your lawyer can view but something you must be able to view for any trial preparation. If your lawyer does not know this difference, fire their arss immediately.
"I get knocked down, But I get up again,
You're never going to keep me down" - Chumbawamba
mcc333
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:47 pm

For some reason I had the impression pushed2far was from a coastal state.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby Trevor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:13 pm

On the clarification, that is the case in FL too; the psych can see the results from the psychometric testing, all the "customers get to see are the interpretations. You would have to set up a separate meeting afterward to discuss the results more in depth.

I agree that one of the most disgusting ideas in family court is the "if they can't get along, give ALL the cards to one of the people who doesn't get along and tough $#!+ for the other party." Complete idiocy and I cannot believe state legislators are so ignorant and inexperienced with divorce that they cannot see how untenable it is. Why not impose harsh sanctions on violations of joint custody terms instead? [Rhet.]
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby pushed2far » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:27 pm

[....
Last edited by pushed2far on Wed May 23, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pushed2far
100+ Posts

Postby CCR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Five seconds after I met my GAL, she told me she had been a GAL for 13 years, have never written a recommendation for a man to get custody and wasn't about to start now.

Yes, there is bias.
CCR
100+ Posts

Postby kmich91262 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:26 pm

CCR wrote:Five seconds after I met my GAL, she told me she had been a GAL for 13 years, have never written a recommendation for a man to get custody and wasn't about to start now.

Yes, there is bias.

And if they don't come right out and say it, then their actions show it. Mine for example after almost a year of status quo, decided to recommend switching from staying with the status quo (in the original report) to me getting every other weekend and NJ getting the other time (in her second report). WTF? There was nothing that changed during the period (i.e. me getting arrested, no skeletons in the closet, ect). So bias is very much alive and well whether we are talking about the subject in hand or sometimes other things. Long story short NJ settled on the court house steps to what we had which is week on/week off. I was prepared to fight the GAL on her moronic recommendation.
kmich91262
1K+ Posts

Previous Next

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum