D3's Remark

Parental Alienation Syndrome, Malicious Mother Syndrome, dealing with the ex, and various other non-legal concerns throughout the process.

D3's Remark

Postby SmokinMeanRibz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Yesterday, NJ and I met at a fast food establishment to exchange D3. I was giving D3 back to NJ. I can read NJ like a book and I can always tell that her excitement to see D3 is a little put on. She freaks out with excitement..."Oh my gossshhh!! I missed you so so much!!!!!! AHHH!!!" I don't know why she does this. My only guess is she is either trying to convince D3 that she should also be just as excited - or she is trying to convince herself. Either way - I don't care. Its her looking rediculous, not me.

So yesterday, as D3 went to NJ, D3 says, "I dont like you....you smell." I am not making this up! I did not react in any way except for, "Now D3, that is not nice!" I make an effort to never speak of NJ unless its positive - example: As I am brushing D3's hair after her bath I might say, "You are going to be pretty like your mommy." I don't see any harm in that - especially since I never say anything negative.

However, I want to be prepared for anything. Seeing as how NJ has unconsiously (or consiously) tried to alienate D3 from me before, she may see this remark as something stemming from me - which is not the case.

Nothing has been said yet, but what range of reactions out of NJ can I expect - if any?
SmokinMeanRibz
100+ Posts

Re: D3's Remark

Postby Bubba Seal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:24 pm

My son who is 19 now told me once that his mom says she loved him and would do anything for him, until he asked her, whereas in my case I maybe didnt say that I loved him as much, but when he asked for something or I said I was gonna do something, I would either tell him straight out no, or do what I said.

Thanks for the laugh, "YOU SMELL", I wish mine had said something like that! LOL

As long as you dont do anything to instigate things like this I wouldnt worry about it, just keep on keepin on.

Your NJ and mine should probably have won some academy awards for thier acting skills!
Bubba Seal
1K+ Posts

Postby defaultuser » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:24 pm

For better or worse, things kids say can't be brought up in court unless no one objects. It is hearsay evidence. This is why the court uses GAL's and custody evaluators and therapists.

The NJ probably stunk is all. Don't worry about it.
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Postby Thermite » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:34 pm

My ex has/had a lousy sense of smell. I mean really- she just could not detect odors or aromas (bad or good) unless they were overpowering. There were times she honestly did reek of B.O., cigarettes, whatever, and she honestly had no idea. So she'd just go days without a shower, thinking everything was fine. :roll:
Thermite
500+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:39 pm

The things we overlook out of love.....
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby Trevor » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Dude her sense of smell isn't the problem, it's her lack of knowledge of personal hygeine, or her not caring enough about herself not to carry a stench. Freaking Gross.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby Trevor » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:44 pm

My X had an irritating gushing laugh and personality when in social situations. Maybe it's cos she was in customer service and exaggerated things to please the customers (who often, frankly, eat that up). But the fake laugh and ingratiating style eventually made my skin crawl as her duplicity within the marriage became apparent. Just think about how miserable it must be having to fake being nice and pleasant to people, rather than being a naturally kind person.
Trevor

Postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:53 pm

I once dated a chick that would get lost in a mall. She'd walk into a store and when she walked out she had no clue which way to go. It was cute......

.......at first.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby Trevor » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Um, I get lost in malls, and have to use the "you are here" maps. It's not cute, but I use my resources.
Trevor

Postby SmokinMeanRibz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Yea I couldn't believe my ears. NJ was speechless. She didn't know how to handle D3 not reciprocating the same enthusiasm of seeing NJ...and to top it off being told that she smelled.

I'm not going to look in to it. If NJ was going to say something, she would have said something by now.

NJ's life is about to be hell all over again. She is due in march with another girl by her 22 year old boyfriend who didn't score high enough on the LSAT to get into law school. So when things do hit the fan and her little perfect life dream doesn't come true, I will probably somehow receive a lot of backlash for her shortcomings... so I need to be preparing for how I am going to deal with that.

Or things could go according to her plan and I'll be left alone.

Or things could go according to her plan and she still bug me.

Either way, I have you guys.
SmokinMeanRibz
100+ Posts

Next

Return to Parenting - Child Custody Forum and Child Support Forum