NJ husband

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get practical tips for moving on with your life after divorce.

NJ husband

Postby secondhalf » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:17 pm

What do you do when you ask your NJ a very non-threatening question and in a normal voice about a process that needs to be followed to get something from the school and the NJ doesn't respond but the NJ husband responds in an arm gesture filled and condescending manner in front of the child? I excused myself and told them I would figure it out myself.
secondhalf
1K+ Posts

Re: NJ husband

Postby Thoughts? » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Three options.

1) React in kind.

2) Nothing & sulk.

3) Or be a good parent, walk away with a smile & head held high (possibly shaking), journal it & hopefully have a witness when you're around the moron in the future.

The children will eventually realize who the bozo's are. And you'll be known as the calm one.
The board is the sum of all of your great posts...Help divorced men be great dads! Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum....more tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
Thoughts?

Postby Trevor » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:31 pm

You Dad up and get the information yourself from the school, doctor, coach, dance intructor, or whomever, realizing that your life is a lot simpler the less you talk to your fat X and her moronic husband. Stop allowing her to be the gatekeeper for information you need to be a parent to your kids.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby Fatheroffour » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Trevor wrote:You Dad up and get the information yourself from the school, doctor, coach, dance intructor, or whomever, realizing that your life is a lot simpler the less you talk to your fat X and her moronic husband. Stop allowing her to be the gatekeeper for information you need to be a parent to your kids.

QFT
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby secondhalf » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:00 pm

fat X and her moronic husband

Do you know them? :)
secondhalf
1K+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 pm

I just imagined a cellulitic mass of humanity and a lamebrain paying her fast-food bills is all. It wasn't hard to get your drift.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby lohe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:48 pm

If you were both mature, sane adults, asking for this information from your ex would be completely reasonable.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

if..

But.. yes, get it yourself and leave her out of the loop.
lohe
1K+ Posts

Postby newwife » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:22 pm

secondhalf wrote:
fat X and her moronic husband

Do you know them? :)

I think that's the way they usually come.
newwife
500+ Posts

Postby davidd » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Trevor wrote:You Dad up and get the information yourself from the school, doctor, coach, dance intructor, or whomever, realizing that your life is a lot simpler the less you talk to your fat X and her moronic husband. Stop allowing her to be the gatekeeper for information you need to be a parent to your kids.

So true. You have years of dealing with these people. Learn your techniques and be a role model for your kids. It will pay off in dignity, sanity, and respect.
Designer, Dad, Double Divorcee, Writer.
davidd
10+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On