Custody/foster care

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get advice on your life after divorce.

Custody/foster care

Postby Harry Potter28 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:42 pm

My ex is going through the process of becoming a foster parent. She is a single mother with a full time job, our children are 8 and 10. She lives in a 3 bedroom apartment.

I do not want to take away custody (she has full legal and physical custody) but I am deeply concerned about my children's well being and safety.

Is a change in physical custody my only option, and if so, is there even a case here?
Harry Potter28
First Post

Re: Custody/foster care

Postby Anything4Her » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:53 pm

You don't have a case until your kids living circumstances are directly affected by the foster children.

However, you might influence your ex to give up the idea by threatening a custody action.
Quality time cannot be scheduled. It spontaneously arises while doing the mundane. - FatherofFour
Anything4Her
1K+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:54 pm

You will have no case at all unless there is some negative affect on the kids. If the state thinks she is good enough to be a foster parent what is your argument for modifying custody?
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby harvimaxic » Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 am

Well you are not able to have a case until your children are affected directly by the foster children. If possible try to convince her to give up the idea.
harvimaxic
First Post

Postby motwgk » Wed May 23, 2012 9:00 am

My foster child is now my daughter. Not sure what the worry is. Most are just kids needing safe homes.
motwgk
100+ Posts

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On