Do I keep my boot on her throat?

Your divorce and child custody agreements are final, get advice on your life after divorce.

Re: Do I keep my boot on her throat?

Postby Max » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:29 am

Yard Sale is what I hear...

PS - Stop driving to town. If you happen to be there then cool. But if you do it enough it could be made the new standard later. My ex almost got me caught up in that once.
Max
100+ Posts

Postby dormat » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:02 pm

I was searching this forum to seek answers to my question, when I came across this thread.
Like Almost single - my ex- has items still at my home – Finale decree Dec 2011. I was order to "Make available within 10 days." At that time, I emailed her and gave 3 specific times that I would be available for her to pick up these items. She couldn’t be bothered. 4 month she stated she wanted me to deliver to her home and she wanted a few more things that she forgot wanted. I told her no on both accounts.
Now 6 months later she is again putting pressure that we need to divide more items. Do I pay a lawyer (my former one is no longer on the case) to send a nasty gram to OC (who is still on retainage) or do I just keep ignoring her.
What finally happens to others that have been in this situation?
dormat
10+ Posts

Postby Fatheroffour » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Box up everything of hers.

Rent a storage locker for 30 days.

Put her < feces > in it.

Send her R3, snail mail and email on what you've done.

Wash your hands of it.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby Trevor » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 am

How much stuff are we talking about, roomsful of furniture or what? She is a big girl and terms are terms. Read my earlier posts on this thread. Get rid of whatever is hers that she failed to collect, and let her know the day the Veteran's Charity is scheduled to pick it up and then forget it.
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Postby ddadks » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:56 am

Donate her stuff to goodwill store. It is a tax deductible contribution for you. She can buy it cheap at the store if she really wants it.
ddadks
10+ Posts

Postby BubbaGumpShrimp » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:00 am

Put her stuff in a storage area. As you said...if you take the stuff to her...she'll just continue to take advantage of you. Make it clear to her that you are no longer there for her to be taken advantage of. Either that, or keep what you want (she forfeited her rights to the items) and give the rest away.

If she won't reciprocate, I would stop driving the 20 miles into town to do the kiddo exchange unless..as you said...you have a reason to do so. If she's not an idiot...she'll figure out that what you were doing was a favor to her and that she's not entitled to said favor.
BubbaGumpShrimp
1K+ Posts

Previous

Return to After The Divorce is Final – Moving On