Pre-filing. What to do and how to get started?

Advice on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation advice for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Pre-filing. What to do and how to get started?

Postby sickofthis2012 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Mid 50s. 25 yrs married. One child out of college and one 17. We have not had sex or normal marital relations for years. Sleep in seperate beds. We are not cruel but barely polite.
Not much $$ saved. I have been the sole and majority breadwinner for most of our life and in my opinion she has not done her part. She is 49, educated, intelligent and makes 20K per year.
I probably will want to wait until May of next year to let my youngest finish high school.

What should I be doing to get ready?
sickofthis2012
First Post

Re: Pre-filing. What to do and how to get started?

Postby defaultuser » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:56 pm

If you start now you still won't be divorced in may next year, but it might be hard on your kid.

Read the LIST. Can you think of a way to get your wife earning more? Depending on your state, you're looking at lifetime alimony.

Any chance you just stay married and start living like you're divorced?
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Postby atoice » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Don't know where you are..but as long as you have been married...stay that way..is it tolerable? Get laid on the side..I was going through the same..and i am younger...so I know how you feel..but financially you're screwed...

Read the List....and that will make it very easy on you...and delay as long as you can...
atoice
500+ Posts

Postby defaultuser » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:54 pm

atoice wrote:I was going through the same..and i am younger.

WTF? are you implying that when you get older that you'll enjoy sex any less? Like because you're younger and wasn't getting laid then its worse than if you were older?
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Postby atoice » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:46 pm

LOL...no...but I'm younger..and not getting any...at least when you're older, it's more expected? :) So he must have been getting it at my age...hence, why I am lining them up..but gave Jerico the rundown this week...left myself a mound of junk...and more junk hit today! :o
atoice
500+ Posts

Postby golfdad » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:52 pm

What state are you in?

I was given advice once to just pay a hooker once per month and it would be way cheaper than ending a long term marriage. Although I want more out of my life than a monthly hooker can provide, it's true that it would be much less expensive.

Pars & Birdies
golfdad
100+ Posts

Postby golfdad » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:56 pm

There was a great line in the TV show Modern Family.

The family father with a new hot wife said to himself, "I hated my exwife but stayed married until the kids were grown...............and the universe rewarded me!"

Pars & Birdies
golfdad
100+ Posts

Postby stretchkr » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:35 pm

My wife likes to talk after sex. She calls me from her hotel room to brag.
stretchkr
100+ Posts

Postby atoice » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:44 pm

stretchkr wrote:My wife likes to talk after sex. She calls me from her hotel room to brag.

Hell-m*&haf*^$&n NO! But it sounds hysterical! LOL
atoice
500+ Posts

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum