Don't know what to think

Advice on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation advice for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Don't know what to think

Postby Caderade » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Well I just got off the phone with my attorney and was told that I have to go back to court this next week. I was just in court for temporary orders. Come to find out, my ex now is taking me back to court over my summer < parenting time >.

Father's day weekend was the first weekend I have had with my son, by the way he is 2 years old. When I picked him up for < parenting time >, I asked for medical information and anything I need to know for my 30 day < parenting time > in July. Well she said that she didn't agree to it and that she will not let me have him in July. Her father also stated that I need to get my information correct because they didn't agree to it. What upsets me is that she signed of on extended < parenting time > and during the during negotiations her attorney and my attorney said that I would have July for my 30 days. So now I have to go back because she doesn't want me to have him during that time due to her own plans. She has a < parenting time > schedule where I would get him here and there around her plans during July. The longest period is like 4 days straight. What do I do, I already have plans set for my time and also have child care arranged while I work.

My attorney said that we would not accept her < parenting time > schedule because we already signed off on the agreement, and no where in the agreement did it say that my ex and I would come to an agreement to summer < parenting time >.

So I guess what I am worried about is that the court will not let me have him for July. Anyone have any ideas or know of this happening and what the out come was.
Thanks for all the help.
Caderade
New

Re: Don't know what to think

Postby Fatheroffour » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Knowing the state you are in would help.

If I had to guess I'd say Texas?
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby Caderade » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:57 pm

I apologize, I live in Texas.
Caderade
New

Postby Fatheroffour » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Lots of Texas guys here to give you specific advice but in general you have a signed order from the judge so there isn't too much to worry about other than her generating huge attorneys fees.

Make sure you ask for fees in your repsonse for her nuttiness.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby TransAm » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Excluding summer, how often do you get son? IOW, after summer, what is to < parenting time > schedule?
"Wrap it up in latex or she's going to get your paychecks."
TransAm
500+ Posts

Postby Caderade » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:03 pm

We agreed to extended standard possession.
School year:
1st, 3rd, 5th Th 1900 to Mon start of school
On weeks I don't have him, I get Th 1900 til start of school Fri

Summer:
1st, 3rd, 5th Fri 1900 til Sun 1900
30 consecutive days in the summer.

All I have is the Associate Judge's report to go off of for < parenting time >. My attorney has not received the formal orders of temporary custody yet. We were suppose to have thim with in 14 days of the hearing. Its been over a month now.

I can already tell now that if the NJ doesn't get her way, then I will being going to court over every little thing. Case in point.
Caderade
New

Postby TransAm » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Call your lawyer and find out where they are because July is just a couple days away. Be sure to ask for fees.
"Wrap it up in latex or she's going to get your paychecks."
TransAm
500+ Posts

Postby Caderade » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:43 pm

She is still where she lives (with her parents). Its crazy, I have a full time job, a house, benefits, and s3 has his own room.
Nj doesn't have a job, and lives with parents. Has always lived with parents except for the month we were married when she left. I just wish she would grow up, but if she doesn't get her way she does this.
We will be asking for attorney fees and court costs since she is the one dragging me back already. Hope the judge sides in my favor.
Caderade
New

Postby kidsdadtexas » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Caderade wrote:We agreed to extended standard possession.
School year:
1st, 3rd, 5th Th 1900 to Mon start of school
On weeks I don't have him, I get Th 1900 til start of school Fri

Summer:
1st, 3rd, 5th Fri 1900 til Sun 1900
30 consecutive days in the summer.

All I have is the Associate Judge's report to go off of for < parenting time >. My attorney has not received the formal orders of temporary custody yet. We were suppose to have thim with in 14 days of the hearing. Its been over a month now.

I can already tell now that if the NJ doesn't get her way, then I will being going to court over every little thing. Case in point.

[*]

the associate judge's report are the temporary orders and if she's not complying with those then your attorney should file an enforcement motion. Or if the order's aren't clear then a motion to clarify would be necessary.

good luck, i hope you get your kid in july
If you're happy and you know it thank your ex
If you're happy and you know it then your kids will really show it
kidsdadtexas
500+ Posts

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum