Need Advice

Advice on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation advice for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Need Advice

Postby BartSimpson » Sat May 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Not busting your balls, but WTF? "We have chaplins but I'm not very religious?"

Get a referral from the chaplin, not a baptism. He knows the counselors in the community that work well with the warrior mentality. You are really avoiding this mental aspect, and you likely don't want to admit that you have considered the ultimate fix, right? (rhetorical).
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby keith701a » Sat May 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Ultimate fix?

BartSimpson wrote:Not busting your balls, but WTF? "We have chaplins but I'm not very religious?"

Get a referral from the chaplin, not a baptism. He knows the counselors in the community that work well with the warrior mentality. You are really avoiding this mental aspect, and you likely don't want to admit that you have considered the ultimate fix, right? (rhetorical).
keith701a
New

Postby BartSimpson » Sat May 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Suicide, dude. You can't tell me it hasn't crossed your mind.
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.”
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby keith701a » Sat May 26, 2012 2:21 pm

It has a few times, but for my family, I could never do it.

BartSimpson wrote:Suicide, dude. You can't tell me it hasn't crossed your mind.
keith701a
New

Postby BartSimpson » Sat May 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Welcome home, we've all been there.

Did you read "the list" yet?
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Postby keith701a » Sat May 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Yes I have, but I live in Arizona, a no fault divorce state. I have been gathering what evidence I can but I queston what good it will do.

BartSimpson wrote:Welcome home, we've all been there.

Did you read "the list" yet?
keith701a
New

Postby Fatheroffour » Sun May 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Every state is a no-fault state.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby BartSimpson » Sun May 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Keith,

We have a lot in common. In your job, do you want to, about 10 times a day, jerk a guy up by his collar and tell him eyeball-to-eyeball that he is seriously effe'ing up his life. We are not allowed to do that, sworn, unsworn, Doctor or LEO. Do you know what I mean?

So I throw some extra super-glue at these guys, carve my initials in their bones, and say "Have a nice day" before these dudes wake up. Macho-man gets another run in the Tenderlion, or South of Market in the Dogpatch. But I'm not changing his life, however much I try. I have glued together the entire length of MLK Boulevard in my career, yet the trauma is still happening today. The broken bones are a symptom of the greater social problem.

Because I deal with bones, everything is black and white in my world. I get guys like you, who have a psychosomatic condition, with phantom pains, and all I can care about is your kids. Your kids need you to talk to a counselor.
― my neighbor Jack
BartSimpson
10K Club

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum