Moving Back into the House

Advice on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation advice for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Moving Back into the House

Postby faste7 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:13 pm

After serving in the military for 22 years and being married for 20 years the wife and I decided to buy a house in TN where we planned on retiring. She would move to the house with the four children and I would rent a room for 7 months until retirement date.

We bought a house in Aug 2012 and moved her and the kids into the house. The plan was for me to come home every two weeks. During my second visit in September she told me she wanted a separation. I was devastated. I started looking through phone records and discovered she had been talking to an old boyfriend 6 or seven times a day and hanging out with all her old high school friends. Not the married succesfull friends, the ones still working crappy jobs and haven't amounted to much in life. She also has this old boyfriend over to the house.

As you could imagine things went quickly downhill with many bad phone conversations and arguements.

Here is my issue: It is time for me to move back to TN and she is telling me that she does not want me to move into the house we just bought in August. It is my intent to do so and after talking to my attorney he says that since she has not filed for divorce or any type of restraining order that I have every right to move back in to the house.

I have stayed in the house every time I went to TN to see my children, with her usually leaving while I am there. It is essential that I move into the house because I need to see my children everyday as I have missed them terribly. I also need a stable home base so I can find a job.

I am concerned about her lying to the authorities and filing some sort of RO against me. I am a very calm person and not easily angered but she has a quick temper and likes to yell. During one visit she actually gave me a pretty good kick to my leg after getting angry. I called the police after about an hour but they said I waited to long and she had already left the house.

Does anyone have any advice that can help me out with getting back into my house?
faste7
New

Re: Moving Back into the House

Postby Fatheroffour » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:23 pm

One thing for sure, don't tell her you're moving in. Go on one of your normal 'visits' and ease on in.

Just don't leave.

Read the list and record 24/7.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby faste7 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:32 pm

I read the list and I have probably done everything the opposite of what it says.
I have told her since this started that I am moving back into the house so she knows my intentions. I was not to smart in the beginning but I am getting smarter.

My attorney said I could have the local PD accompany me to the house but I think that would not look to good in front of the children.
faste7
New

Postby Fatheroffour » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:37 pm

Review the links in my signature.

Pay particular attention to Radio Silence and Do Not Engage With Her.

Be smart. Get in the house without fanfare. You don't have to convince her you are right so don't try.
Everyone lies.
Fatheroffour

Postby zakarume » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Listen to Fatheroffour he knows what he is saying. But on the bad note. Since you retired from the Military and a divorce might happen, expect to pay half your retirement to her. Do i think this is fare. NO IT IS NOT. they didnt earn it
zakarume
50+ Posts

Postby faste7 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:44 am

I know I will be losing half the retirement and probably some type of alimoney since we decided it would be better for her to stay home with the kids than to have daycare or a baby sitter raise them.
faste7
New

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum