Being set up.

Advice on divorce for men considering or starting the divorce process. Get marriage separation advice for men in this divorce forum and child custody forum.

Re: Being set up.

Postby defaultuser » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:49 am

Here is my guidelines that I use.

If she throws accusations at me, I just ignore them.

If she pretends that I have done something improper and I have proof otherwise, I ignore.

If she makes accusations that could be true but aren't, I make a one line denial. "You have a key. Our son has a key"

If she uses the kids as pawns, I offer to take the kids off her hands as she can't handle them. "I'd be happy to come pick up the kids if you're unable to properly care for them"

Otherwise, I don't engage. That handles most situations.
The List
Read it.
defaultuser

Postby Vega » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:03 am

defaultuser wrote:Here is my guidelines that I use.

If she throws accusations at me, I just ignore them.

If she pretends that I have done something improper and I have proof otherwise, I ignore.

If she makes accusations that could be true but aren't, I make a one line denial. "You have a key. Our son has a key"

If she uses the kids as pawns, I offer to take the kids off her hands as she can't handle them. "I'd be happy to come pick up the kids if you're unable to properly care for them"

Otherwise, I don't engage. That handles most situations.

Great perspective thank you. It's hard not to engage when she does it in front of people though you feel like you need to defend yourself sometimes.
Vega
100+ Posts

Postby Trevor » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:44 am

Remember too that people who make decisions or judgments based on one side of the story (which may be completely false), with no critique or inquiry about other perspectives, are idiots and fools. Why bother to defend yourself to people who are stupid? [Rhet.]
Dual Parenting, not Duel Parenting.
Trevor

Previous

Return to Before and During Divorce Forum