Journal advice

Discussions on technology and it's application and implications in divorce

Journal advice

Postby Rod27 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:07 am

Just getting started with the divorce......besides email, what is a good way to to keep a journal? I read mentions of spreadsheets and graphs to easily show the court things. Any extra detailed advice is appreciated. For right now my iPad is my journal but things can get lost or I'm afraid they will say I just wrote the whole thing in one day.
Rod27
100+ Posts

Re: Journal advice

Postby FortheChildren » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:05 am

I used a google doc. That way it was in the cloud and not stored on any local device. I dis back it up to a flash drive as well and kept it at work. And yes opposing council could try to argue that it was written up in one day but if you are doing it right you are likely to have a hundred pages or more before you go to trial. Also the journal is not likely to be used as primary evidence. The judge is not likely to read through it. It can be used very well as supporting evidence for your charts and graphs.

Look for my posts I have one that gave a very detailed explanation on what to put in a journal and how to use it. Might help guide you.
FortheChildren
50+ Posts

Postby FBNNice » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:36 pm

FBNNice
New

Postby FBNNice » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:43 pm

Wow, sorry... didn't see that this thread was so old.. been one of those years :roll:
FBNNice
New

Postby kridi5321 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:54 am

I too am new to this. I'm learning as I go. I use a program called Microsoft One Note that I have sync to Microsoft Skydrive. It's all up on the internet and can be shared with whomever I grant permission, like my attorney.

I write everything down. I figured it was better to capture more detail than not. Plus my attorney my pick up on something she can use that I don't know about.
kridi5321
First Post

Postby PeaceThroughStrength » Thu May 16, 2013 1:14 pm

I use this one, it date/time stamps my entries:

Welcome to ParentingTime.net.
This is the home of OPTIMAL™, the Online Parenting Time Information Manager and Activity Log.
OPTIMAL™ is a unique online service that can help you win custody, change custody, or reduce child support. OPTIMAL™ is used every day by thousands of parents and families worldwide.
The first person they see when they wake up and the last person they see when they go to sleep.
PeaceThroughStrength
100+ Posts

Postby fatheroftwoboys » Thu May 16, 2013 5:06 pm

I keep my journal as a private blog. I can upload from my phone or a pc. It's like google doc, except you can also time stamp things, add pics, etc.
fatheroftwoboys
1K+ Posts

Postby Missouri Dad of Five » Wed May 29, 2013 8:29 am

Keep emotion out of your Journal, hard to do but you don't want any "boiler" language in it.

Also, mention news worthy events that are happening locally or elsewhere every time you write in your Journal.
Missouri Dad of Five
50+ Posts

Postby MayM » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:02 pm

I do keep a journal online. I can always refer concerned parties to it and it reminds me to stay calm and keep awful thoughts in my mind and not in my journal. :)
MayM
New

Return to Technology and Divorce