GPS Tracking

Discussions on technology and it's application and implications in divorce

GPS Tracking

Postby golfdad » Tue May 11, 2010 10:07 am

Although I live in a no fault state. I'm still considering throwing a tracking device in the stbx car.

She doesn't work enough to be busy and disappears for long periods of the day. Always home at night.

Is there any downside to this? Legally?

Pars and Birdies
golfdad
100+ Posts

Re: GPS Tracking

Postby Lawrence » Tue May 11, 2010 10:12 am

If you do, don't every let her know it is there, and don't use any evidence from it in court. If you find something out, go to wherever and initiate some other type of surveillance or find some other proof to back up what you find.

It might be that she just likes going to the mall. Or maybe she's a reader and spends a lot of time in the library. Maybe she has some girl friends and the play cards. Don't assume too much without any facts.

Some people are just very private with their personal time and don't see why other's need to know every single detail. This can place a huge burden on a marriage, even one that might otherwise be able to be saved or reconciled.
What has been Seen, Cannot be Un-Seen!
Lawrence
1K+ Posts

Postby hoosier_dad » Tue May 11, 2010 10:15 am

Legally if you own or co-own the vehicle I don't see any issues with attaching the GPS. I used the Zoombak tracker and successfully entered the tracking data into evidence during court. I'd recommend getting a model with a battery attachment if you can so you don't have to remove it frequently to recharge it.
hoosier_dad

Postby datum » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Zoomback: Installation does not seem all that simple. If you want decent runtime, have to power off the 12V main battery.

I want something that's simple to install. I only want 1 update per day to conserve power.
And runs off a small motorcycle battery, both the GPS sender/receiver and the battery put in the truck.
datum
100+ Posts

Postby demurrer » Mon May 14, 2012 11:42 am

[use according to your jurisdiction and situation]

I use Apple iCloud to track the nj/stbx on her iPhone. The court ordered me to continue paying for the phone service on the iPhone I bought her. I guess her attorney and the court didn't realize they were ordering me to look at the bill each month and see what phone numbers she's been dialing.

Haven't found anything exciting about nj/stbx by checking in on her location(s) or the dialed calls on the phone bill. I remain hopefull that nj/stbx will find another meal ticket to refocus her attention away from custody and equitable distribution issues.

It's been useful to know if nj/stbx is driving to pick up S8 before I do from school.
My nj/stbx cost me around USD 8,000 per fornication session.

My nj/stbx had this in mind (and still does) for me: the manipulated man by Esther Vilar

"Husband pays" quote from my stbx
demurrer
50+ Posts

Postby jumbledone » Mon May 14, 2012 1:16 pm

I have been tempted to leave my iphone in slumber state in a hidden compartment to track STBX on her frequent nightly outtings. :)
The meaning of life is Happiness. What makes you happy? - Dalai Lama

For a more peaceful life, live the serenity prayer.
jumbledone
5K+ posts

Postby keko » Mon May 14, 2012 7:32 pm

You're divorcing so it may not be worth it but I suspected my x was cheating so I spent the $$ on it. Worked like a charm, now they are even giving you free 3 months of real time tracking.

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/cover ... evice.html
keko
10+ Posts

Return to Technology and Divorce